Engineering Concrete Questions I need you to do these concrete questions on Microsoft wo Fall 2018 Week 4 Homework Quiz
12. Most concrete beams won’t buckle laterally (sideways) unless what is present?
13. What kind of deflection calculations are required for concrete beams?
14. True or false: ACI permits the minimum depth table to replace deflection calculations for all
15. The beam shown does not support construction likely to be damaged by large deflections. What
is the minimum height of span BC in inches for deflection calculations to not be required?
w = 2 kipsit
16. What is the steel ratio p for the cross section shown?
3 No 9
17. The cross section in problem #16 is used as a beam with Grade 60 steel and pe=5 ksl. What is its
coefficient of resistance Ro?
18. Is the beam in problem #17 strong enough to support a factored moment M. = 260 ft-k? Provide
calculations to justify your answer.
Week #4 Design of Rectangular Beams Homework Quiz
1. True or false: Use whole inches for the effective depth d of a beam.
2. What would be a reasonable estimate for d for the cross section shown?
3 #7 bars
and 3 #9 bars
3. What would be the minimum center to center spacing of the #7 bars for the cross section
shown? Assume the maximum aggregate size is/d”.
4. What would be the minimum clear spacing between the layer of #7 bars and the layer of #9 bars
for the cross section shown?
5. A 4″ thick floor slab is reinforced with #6 bars. What would be a reasonable estimate for its
effective depth d?
6. What are stirrups used for?
8. What is the minimum width b that can be used for the beam in problem #7? The beam is not
exposed to weather or in contact with the ground.
9. How would the minimum width b for the beam in problem #7 change if the beam were exposed
10. How do concrete cover and bar spacing affect the bar’s development length?
11. When is “skin reinforcement” required?
Fall 2018 Week 4 Homework Quiz
The beam shown has an overall height = 18″. Calculate effective depth d.
in +2 in
Minimum edge distance – cover + d. – 20 =
1.50 in +-in + 2 in 2
No 4 hangers
No 3 stirrups
No 10 bars
1- –in cov
2d, – – in
Purchase answer to see full