Student’s Choice of a Current Issue Affecting Pastoral Counseling
From your reading and experience, there are numerous issues that affect families and couples in our churches today. Many of these directly affect those involved; others seem more superficial but can have long-lasting effects. Examples of these are: homosexuality in the church (congregation, pastors), single-parent families, trauma, grief and loss, gay marriage, pornography, etc.
The student will choose one issue that they desire to research, analyze, and discuss how that issue impacts either or both couples and/or families today, especially in relation to the church and Christian beliefs.
· The paper is approximately 12–15 pages long (not including title and reference pages).
· Student is to use current APA professional standards in the writing of this assignment.
· The student should use citations to support their assertions.
· A minimum of 10 acceptable sources, in addition to the course textbooks, are required (e.g. scholarly articles published within the last five years; the Bible; scholarly books).
· The paper should be organized using APA Level Headings.
Use the Research Paper Template to aid you in formatting and organizing your paper.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.