In this assignment, you will choose to conduct your potential dissertation research using a qualitative or quantitative methodology. You will justify your choice of methodology based on the problem statement and supported by the extant literature and the nature of the research questions.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The Manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· This assignment requires that at least three additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Write a detailed paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you create an argument for your chosen methodology. Include the following in your paper:
1. A refined statement of your potential dissertation topic.
2. A single-sentence problem statement that aligns with your potential dissertation topic.
3. A cohesive, literature-based argument for your choice of employing a quantitative or qualitative methodology for your study. How does this methodology align with your problem statement?
4. A cohesive argument for not choosing the alternate method to explore your study. Why does this methodology not align with your problem statement?