Imagine that you are being considered for a job with a local adolescent behavioral program that specializes in helping teenagers who have experienced minor encounters with the law. You’ve been called back for a second interview and their employee search committee has asked you to develop a presentation about the criminal justice system and the juvenile justice system in your community.
You need to research the topic and prepare a visually appealing PowerPoint slideshow to accompany your presentation. Your PowerPoint slideshow will need to:
- Have a title slide that includes the name of your community.
- Contain 6-12 content slides.
- Address the following questions:
- How does poverty play a role in the criminal justice system?
- How does mental illness play a role in the criminal justice system?
- How does the criminal justice system approach adolescents/children who break the law?
- How does the criminal justice system approach adults who break the law?
- In your opinion, what would be one improvement that could be made to the criminal justice system?
- Be written using proper spelling/grammar.
- Cite at least 3 academic references and present the sources in APA format on a References slide.
When developing a presentation, it’s important to be mindful of how you layout your content. The slides should present key points, arranged in a logical manner, without extraneous information contributing to a cluttered look. Using the Speaker Notes feature in PowerPoint is a great way to include relevant details to be shared during your presentation without overloading the slides.
For information about creating PowerPoint presentations or how to add Speaker Notes, consult the