SAL500 Assignment 2 Strayer Meeting With Prospect Assignment 2
For this assignment, assume the role of Abe Rollins and create an online role play with Bonnie.
Abe Rollins, Sr Account Manage: Age 55. Married with 4 grown children (one still lives at home and is in college locally) The senior designation in his title is reserved for account managers who have chose not to pursue management positions but who are long term contributors to Upland Sales success and who manage high volume territories. Served in the Army right out of high school, then completed BA in Economics in college while working full-time as an associate manager at a motel to support the family. Has been with Upland 27 years, but has moved twice with the company for better sales territories.
Bonnie Cairns, Account Manager, Age 23 Upland is first professional job, she was hired right out of college. Has BS in psychology with a minor in business> Has been on the job two weeks. Completed first week-long Upland initial sales training program at the home office. Previous Account Manager in this territory, Gloria King was recently promoted to district manager out of state.
Abe Rollins Role
Abe has a wealth of experience over the years in calling on new customers. He also enjoys helping Rhonda by coaching new sales people. He is delighted to meet with Bonnie and prepares in advance an outline of the things she need to accomplish during the pre-approach.
Setting the Stage
Abe Rollins has just received a referral from a fellow Rotarian that Budget Beauty Biz (BBB) is going to open a store in the District 10, its first store in the area. BBB is a major chain that sells discount hair products, and several of Upland’s company’s products in the hair care category (shampoo, conditioners, crème rinse, hairspray, mousse, gel and hair color) sell very well in BBB stores. On further inquiry , Abe finds out the new store will be in Bonnie Cairns sales territory. This will be the first new account Bonnie has opened, and Rhonda Reed (the district manager) asks Abe to help Bonnie develop the pre-approach.
Bonnie Cairns Role
Bonnie schedules a meeting with Abe to discuss preparing for making contact with the new customer at this point, nothing is known about the new BBB store except that it will open in about six months and the buyer Jose’ Reynolds, will be in town in about a month to begin meeting with vendors for initial inventory orders. Bonnie needs to discuss with Abe the entire set of issues regarding the pre-approach.
1) Identify three or four criteria that qualify Budget Beauty Biz (BBB) as a prospect.
2). Explain the usefulness of CRM in supporting prospecting activities.
3). Summarize what Bonnie should do before calling Jose for the first appointment.
4). Prepare an extensive list of pre-approach issues.
5). Outline what Bonnie needs to accomplish during the pre-approach stage with BBB.
6). Establish goals for the initial sales call.
7). Use at least three quality resources in this assignment.
The specific course learning outcomes, associated with the assignment are:
* Evaluate the external environment, selling approaches, communicating values, and ethics.
* Analyze the use of research and technology to improve sales force effectiveness.
* Role play various scenarios including value creation, ethics and sales process.
* Identify three or four criteria that qualify Budget Beauty Biz (BBB) as prospect.
* Explain the usefulness of CRM systems in supporting prospecting activities.
* Summarize what Bonnie should do before calling Jose for the first appointment.
* Thoroughly prepare an extensive list of pre-approach issues.
* Thoroughly outline what Bonnie needs to accomplish during the pre-approach stage with BBB.
* Thoroughly establish goals for the initial sales call.
* More than 3 quality references are provided.