Worldview Pre Writing Assignment **PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY** My Worldview
Pre-Writing Assignment (10 points)
“A worldview is the set of beliefs about fundamental aspects of reality that ground and influence all one’s
perceiving, thinking, knowing, and doing.”
The purpose of this paper is to help you become a more effective critical thinker. You will be identifying,
examining, and analyzing your beliefs and values of your worldview. You will also be exploring how your
worldview influences decisions you have made, as well as your actions, on personal and political issues.
▪ Read “Developing a Worldview” by Deanne Spears
▪ Read “Social Biases” by Christopher DiCarlo
▪ Watch the Ted Talk: “A Way Forward when Worldviews Collide” by Jerry Nagel
Write a well-developed paragraph and answer the following questions:
▪ What is a worldview?
▪ What are some major assumptions and beliefs one might expect to find in an individual’s worldview?
▪ Why should we be aware of our worldview?
▪ How will this knowledge help you become a more effective critical thinker?
Watch the Ted Talk:
A Way Forward when Worldviews Collide
by Jerry Nagel
Purchase answer to see full