For this assignment, you will first invent a mock client that you will evaluate in later assignments. You will then create an informed consent form and a release of information form that you would submit to this fictional evaluee. Finally, you will analyze how these forms would function differently in a clinical (non-forensic) setting. Your assignment will include the following as a single document:
- Informed Consent
- This form should include (at a minimum) the purpose of the evaluation, which information will be released and to whom, which information will be included in the written report, rights of your mock evaluee during the process, and any other limitations to confidentiality.
- Release of Information
- This form should include (at a minimum) identifying information about your mock evaluee, where the information should be sent, what specific information about the evaluated person will be obtained or released, how the release of information may be revoked, and how long the release of information is valid.
- Differences Between These Documents in Forensic and Non-Forensic Settings
- In this third section, you should describe how these forms would differ if you were practicing in a non-forensic (for example, a clinical) setting.
Note: Both the informed consent form and the release of information form should adhere to the American Psychological Association’s Code of Conduct and the Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists
Your assignment should fulfill the following objectives:
- Create an informed consent form that adheres to the American Psychological Association’s Code of Conduct and the Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists.
- Create a release of information form that adheres to the American Psychological Association’s Code of Conduct and the Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists.
- Distinguish how the informed consent and release of information forms would function differently in a non-forensic (such as a clinical) setting.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
In addition to the above objectives, your assignment should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: current edition APA style and format.
- Length of informed consent form: 1 page.
- Length of release of information form: 1 page.
- Length of third section: 2–3 pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 points.