For the Trauma Case Study: Child Assignment, using the “Trauma Case Study: Child Narrative,” you will give an overview of what you have determined via specific assessments of what is happening with this client. Note that each “bullet” below is required to be a minimum of one paragraph! In your write-up, you will need to provide (review the rubric for more detail):
· In the first paragraph, write a short synopsis of this client, expounding on their presenting problem, history, and what issues “jumped out” at you first.
· In the next section (refer to page 2 on how the paper is to be divided up), using the Brief Trauma Questionnaire (BTQ) found in the Trauma Case Study: Child Resources section. Read the instructions for use/scoring, then scroll to the bottom and download the BTQ (PDF), and circle the appropriate answers based on the information you garnered from the narrative. Then, you will write a good paragraph summarizing your scoring and interview answers. When you write this paragraph, use the client’s own answers to justify your scoring! You will scan or take a picture and include a copy of just the scored Brief Trauma Questionnaire ( page 4 only ) showing how/where you placed your circles when you upload your paper (scroll down and read the note about “CamScanner”).
· The third section will be done using the Life Stressor Checklist – Revised (LSC-R) found in the Trauma Case Study: Child Resources section. Read the instructions for use/scoring, then scroll to the bottom and download the LSC-R with scoring information (PDF), and circle the answers based on the information you collected from the narrative. You will not be uploading a copy of this, but will write a good paragraph summarizing your scoring (make sure to include the question numbers in writing your summary!), interview answers, and total. When you write this paragraph, use the client’s own answers to justify your scoring! You do not have to write about “No” answers.
· Your fourth section will use the Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 Child/Adolescent Version (CAPS-CA-5) found in the Trauma Case Study: Child Resources section. Since the CAPS-CA-5 is considered the “gold standard” for assessing clients with a possible PTSD diagnosis, download and print out and then fill it in (freehand) while reading over the client narrative. You will then scan or take a picture and include a copy of just the scored CAPS-5 Summary Table ( pages 21 & 22 only ) showing how you scored each item, total severity and symptoms, and your final conclusion on p. 20. You will then write a good paragraph summarizing your scoring, interview answers, and your totals for symptoms and severity. When you write this paragraph, use the client’s own answers to justify your scoring!
· From the data gathered in sections 2, 3, and 4, in Section 5 answer these questions using the DSM-5: what is the primary diagnosis (use the ICD-10 F-code number [without the parentheses], the name of the diagnosis, the severity, and any appropriate specifiers) for this client, putting your diagnosis in bold, and based on the criteria, show how you were able to come to that conclusion (include any information from the three assessments and client statements to support this diagnosis). Write a few sentences concerning any culture and/or gender-related diagnostic issues that may be present, as well as a few separate sentences regarding any potential suicide/self-harming risks for this particular diagnosis. Does the client have any possible secondary diagnoses (show the same way as the primary and in bold)? If so, which one(s), and what criteria do they meet? Are there any culture and/or gender-related diagnostic issues and suicide risks for this particular diagnosis?
· The final section is writing about recommendations and referrals as well as other resources you would want to put in place for this client (minimum of three, each separated as shown below. Provide your reasoning with each one, as well as cited resources for each one. Note that this section is NOT meant to be a complete treatment plan, but to assist the client towards getting into treatment!
To assist the professor in making sure that all sections/parts are submitted, divide your paper up as shown below using level 1 and level 2 headings (starting on p. 2 – no abstract is needed):
Title of Paper
Brief Trauma Questionnaire Interpretation
(write a good paragraph here summarizing your answer choices)
Life Stressor Checklist – Revised Interpretation
(write several good paragraphs here summarizing your answer choices)
Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for Children/Adolescents Interpretation
(write a good section here summarizing your answer choices)
Primary and Secondary Diagnostic Impressions
Primary Diagnosis with Culture/Gender Issues, Suicidal Risks
Secondary Diagnosis with Culture/Gender Issues, Suicidal Risks (continue if you find more)
Note that your upload will consist of three documents: your paper (saved last name, first name, CaseStudy3), a picture or PDF copy of p. 4 of the BTQ, and a picture or PDF copy of pp. 19 & 20 of the CAPS-CA-5.
CamScanner is an “app” that allows any picture you take of a document be “turned” into a PDF. Please find the web link in the Trauma Case Study: Child Resources section. It is easy to do, and you can email the new PDF to yourself, and then upload into Blackboard.
To see a listing of all the assessments the Veterans Administration has for free download and use, visit the Trauma Case Study: Child Resources section.